Margvelashvili's free textbooks
- ❤ 5 Հավանություններ
- 3379 Դիտումներ
- 0 Մեկնաբանություն
On April 8, 2013, then Minister of Education, Giorgi Margvelashvili, who is now running for president, announced his plan to make school textbooks free for all public school students.
As a result of his policy, several of the publishers now face bankruptcy, while others no longer want to publish textbooks under the new conditions.
JumpStart Georgia investigated and visualized how Margvelashvili arrived at and implemented his plan, and also point out what the short- and long-term consequences of the decision are. This infographic raises the question whether Margvelashvili's decision to make textbooks free is for benefit of students or just a political stunt to garner voters for the upcoming presidential election in Georgia.
- Կազմակերպություն: JumpStart Georgia
- Թղթակից: Tamara Kalkhitashvili (JumpStart Georgia), Nino Macharashvili (JumpStart Georgia)
- Ձևավորող: Irakli Chumburidze (JumpStart Georgia)
- Interview with Publishing House "Diogene" (Tamar Lebanidze, Zaza Shengelia)
- Interview with Publishing House "Intelecti" (Zviad Kvaratskhelia, Gvantsa Jobava)
- Decree №30/N of the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia
- Statement from the Public Registry
- Communication with the Ministry of Education
- Business Courier, Rustavi 2
- "Hot to Deprive the Books from the Author and Publisher"
- Տվյալների բազա: Բեռնել
- Լեզու: English, ქართული
- Կատեգորիա: Education, Politics
- Տիպ: Ինֆոգրաֆիկա