Why should more women be employed?
- ❤ 2 Likes
- 1786 Views
- 0 Comments
In Georgia, women's economic activity is 20% lower than that of men's. Studies show that women's economic empowerment is directly linked to economic growth, business success, and increased investment in children's health and education. Unfortunately, there are no programs in Georgia that support women's economic empowerment.
In collaboration with UNDP Georgia, JumpStart studied and visualized why more women should be employed in Georgia.
- Organization: JumpStart Georgia
- Reporter: Nino Macharashvili (JumpStart Georgia)
- Designer: Mariam Kobuladze (JumpStart Georgia)
- National Statistics Office of Georgia, 2015
- Public Perceptions on Gender Equality in Politics and Business, UNDP, 2013
- Why Diversity Matters, Catalyst, 2013
- Effects of Reducing Gender Gaps in Education and Labour Force Participation on Economic Growth in the OECD, OECD, 2012
- The Full Participation Report, Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, 2015
- Language: English, ქართული
- Category: Economy / Business, Gender
- Type: Infographic