What could one do with 360 million GEL?
- ❤ 30 Likes
- 4464 Views
- 4 Comments
The construction of a new parliament building in Kutaisi started in December 2009, and the building was officially opened in May 2012. As of December 2012, the building itself was still not completed and at least 360 million GEL (~217 million USD) had been spent on it. After the elections in October 2012, the new government has been debating whether to move parliament back to the original building in Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia.
If the parliament does move back to their old building, at least 360 million GEL would have been wasted by the Georgian government on the construction of a building that will no longer be used. To try and understand just how much 360 million GEL is, JumpStart Georgia has visualized what else 360 million GEL could do.
- Organization: JumpStart Georgia
- Reporter: Jason Addie (JumpStart Georgia)
- Designer: Irakli Chumburidze (JumpStart Georgia)
- Data Set: Download
- Language: English, ქართული
- Category: Economy / Business, Politics, Society, Education, Health / Public Safety, Lifestyle / Culture, Sports, Technology / Science
- Type: Infographic