Punishment oriented drug policy does not work
- ❤ 5 Likes
- 1810 Views
- 0 Comments
JumpStart Georgia continues publishing infographics created within the framework of the Drug Policy Liberalization Campaign.
Georgia's current drug policy, which is punishment oriented, does not work: 100% of Georgian drug addicts resume using drugs within 11 months after punishment related to illicit drug use. Also, in 6 months of 2013, the number of drug-related offences uncovered by the policy has increased by 80% compared to the same period of the previous year, while the estimated number of problem drug users has increased by 12.5% from 2009 to 2012.
What other harm can the current and punishment oriented drug policy bring? What should change in order to have more effective and beneficial drug policy in the country?
- Organization: JumpStart Georgia
- Reporter: Nino Macharashvili (JumpStart Georgia)
- Designer: Irakli Chumburidze (JumpStart Georgia)
- Alternative Georgia, 2008
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia
- Public Union Bemoni
- Data Set: Download
- Language: English, ქართული
- Category: Health / Public Safety
- Type: Infographic