CHOOSING MALE IN THE SOUTH CAUCASUS
- ❤ 2 Likes
- 2741 Views
- 1 Comments
In the South Caucasus, families choose to have boys over girls. Because of this son preference, Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan are losing thousands of girls each year.
It is estimated that, due to the gender-biased abortions, 154 thousand girls have not been born in the last 20 years in the South Caucasus. They are often called Missing Women. If nothing changes, what could be next?
- Organization: JumpStart Georgia
- Reporter: JumpStart Georgia
- Designer: Irakli Chumburidze, Ia Ninoshvili (JumpStart Georgia)
- Developer: Anton Kamaryan (JumpStart Georgia)
- Data Source:
- Language: English, Հայերեն, ქართული
- Category: Society, Gender
- Type: Interactive