45% of State Procurements are Non-competitive in Georgia
- ❤ 3 Likes
- 1408 Views
- 0 Comments
In 2010, Georgia introduced an official electronic procurement system. It is one of the most transparent and efficient systems in the world. However, as a result of two main loopholes, too many contracts are sidestepping any competition, increasing the risk of corruption, costing taxpayers more, and reducing overall quality.
Based on the data from the research by Transparency International Georgia, JumpStart Georgia visualized main trends in Georgia's state procurement from January 2011 to August 2013.
- Organization: JumpStart Georgia
- Reporter: Nino Macharashvili (JumpStart Georgia)
- Designer: Mariam Kobuladze (JumpStart Georgia)
- Data Source:
- Language: English, ქართული
- Category: Economy / Business, Politics
- Type: Infographic